AIM
jjm12379

Aplehebbel 2 Aplehebbel 2

Really good

I like this movie alot. It started out as what I thought might be a little formulaic, but instead it developed into a quite funny/interesting little movie. Good work.

Could you please tell me the names of the songs you used? I'd like to buy the CD(s). They are really unique pieces.

Duck-Duck-Sheep responds:

HOHOHOHOHOHO AWESOME I GOT SOMEONE TO BUY A CD OF RHAPSODY !

Well you should buy "Power of the Dragonflame" then because it has like 6 songs that are as awesome as the song used in this...and one of them is it

Pallid Fingers 2 Pallid Fingers 2

An excellent flash

This deserves frontpage easily. A really great parody of salad fingers, without being a stupid clone that tries to immitate David Firth. Has it's own style and is creepy and funny all at once. Fantastic and well executed.

Could you tell me the song that plays when O.D. first sees the toilet (he is looking for drinks)? I was looking through the artists mentioned in the credits but didn't find that song.

Oh and btw, that part about the weird French film with the word "fag" stuck in there -- brilliant ;-)

rtil responds:

thanks for the review glad you enjoyed it
i guess i did forget one band, that's Reign of A Thousand Flames by Rhapsody. Enjoy ;)

The Blammed The Blammed

Sheer Flash Perfection

This was an excellent production. Fantastic job. Judging by your review responses, I'd say you didn't realize what an impact your movie would have (I also notice you have a favorite smiley :D :D :D)

To be absolutely perfect though, after the spike went through the flash file's head, that tear he/she/it was welling up was supposed to slowly run down the side of its face while the music crescendoed, but hey, it was as close to perfection as you can get. ;)

Well, that and the flash file has two right hands in that scene (look at the thumbs). (I admit I've watched this many times...it's just too damn good to watch only once)

I do find it tad ironic that this movie lost daily first place to a flash in which sticks play Counterstrike.

One last tidbit of nuisance and then I get to the good stuff -- I don't think you quite comprehend the sheer volume of human life that was taken during the tragedy of the Holocaust. If you were to kill 100 people a day, you would need 160 years to amount to the number of _Jews_ who were murdered during the Holocaust. (100 people/day * 365 days/year * 160 years = 5.8 million people). At only 50 deaths per day, you would require 320 years to total the same amount. That is NOT the total death count of the Holocaust (which is actually significantly higher).

Okay, I have whined enough about little details -- sorry, couldn't help myself. Your flash movie is superb, excellent, deserving of a long front-page debut, etc. Fantastic work, very well done. Don't listen to any criticism you may receieve -- the timing was impeccable and the musical score fit the movie flawlessly. It was NOT too long, nor was the music "too soft" or what have you. Disregard such nonsense.

Ausgezeichnet!

Tchuß,
Geist

JoeandTom responds:

I love long reviews like this! i know its kinda... hard to take some time and write a long one but hey, it helps me the most!

:D (smiley for you lol)

Im not offended by your "pickyness" really it made me go "woops!" so thanks! cause i dont mind noticing my mistakes :P but you didnt even degrade for that, and I thank you!

I've been responding to alot of reviews because I think its best to get feedback from both sides, from the reviewer and the maker.

and yeah.. my math was a little off.. :( sorry for that...

I have noticed this movie has touched alot of people and wow, im really suprised, because I had no idea it would inspire so many! :P

Thank you very much for this review DerGeist! Danke!

;D

GarlicClock Halloween GarlicClock Halloween

Good job

Nice job, your flash work is quite good, as exemplified by this flash (albeit a short one). Keep up the good work, you seem to improve with every flash you create.

PS: I look forward to GarlicClock Episode 3!

Garlic-Clock responds:

Thanks for your review man!
And I'm currently working on the Episode 3 of GarlicClock, I'm getting ideas right now :)

Battle for the Portal Pt1 Battle for the Portal Pt1

Incredible!

This was a fantastic flash ... I can't even describe it. The graphics were absolutely amazing (even though they were cut down due to Newground's 5 MB limit). The action never ceased, and it had a plot. Watch this movie. Period.

GarlicClock Episode 2!! GarlicClock Episode 2!!

Not bad

Overall this was a well-done flash (although some of the background graphics could've used a *little* work, I'm not gonna complain, flash movies aren't exactly the easiest things in the world to make). As far as humor, the crashing computer bit was, of course, a classic. The other jokes weren't bad, in fact I liked them. The overall plot was well laid out and I found it entertaining. Although, I must admit, I do hate it when movies leave you hanging at the end. ;)

The animations clearly took quite some time and flowed well with the movie.

Ok, for the future, I have some suggestions (disregard these if you disagree, they are merely my opinions):
1) Garlic Clock's sudden outburst of profanity actually detracted from the movie in my opinion -- it didn't impose "shock value" and wasn't funny. Some swearing is OK, I do it all the time, but a string of profanities is just unnecessary. Maybe I'm being picky here, but this is my opinion, again, disregard at will.
2) Speeding up some of the scenes might have helped the overall "flow" of the movie. It was 'ok' as it was, but could've moved faster (and presumably would have saved you time making all those clocks blink over and over!)
3) Adding more action scenes would've made me want a sequel even more -- just a suggestion; I know you had the plane-explosion thing, that was good, but more action scenes would've helped. (Plus those sock guards didn't seem too imposing...they need some weapons of ASS destruction!)

Overall, another an entertaining and quality flash from the Clock Crew. Good job, I liked it!

Garlic-Clock responds:

Thanks for your review! For the next one I'll try to improve it with your suggestions. I know GarlicClock swaer a lot but I wanted to do it when I created it. B¸ut if it don't look good I'll just make him dumber ;)
Thanks again for that it will improve my flash skills...wich is not really good ;P

William the Demon Killer William the Demon Killer

W00T

This was a definite 5.

The music flowed well with the overall production (and was well-suited), the action was impressive and again, had a very nice "flow." Stretching/skewing the characters' torsos to simulate breathing was a nice touch, and made the movie somehow feel more "panicky," as if heavy breathing was in order. The graphics and still-drawings were quite good; this added an eye-candy aspect to the movie (that is, it was nice to look at while you were being entertained). Finally, inserting some humor in the movie rounded it out completely (especially that asshat clerk, that was hilarious!).

A class-act production and certainly worth watching twice.

NG Halloween! NG Halloween!

Funny

Really quite funny, despite being (admittedly) pointless and utterly mindless. Senseless violence mixed with NG-style humor (and a mutated..er..well, possessed..whatever... evil pumpkin). Worth watching, provided you don't mind gratuitous violence used as a vehicle for humor (which I certainly don't, and I assume if you are reading this and frequently watch Newgrounds posts, you don't either, which makes the fact that this is an NG Halloween "e-card" quite fitting).

Just watch it already!

You are a F*cking Moron3 You are a F*cking Moron3

Hilarious

These get better every time. Keep 'em coming, they're great.

Murray the Monkey ep. 1 Murray the Monkey ep. 1

Nice.

Very funny, the pace of the action was perfect and aligned with the soundtrack in a way that portrays almost Hollywood-esque choreography. The lighthearted overtone of the movie was never lost, thought it is noteworthy that the only non-anthropomorphic character was the woman Murray the Monkey was saving. The way this flash doesn't take itself at all seriously was also very funny and well-done, making it enjoyable to watch(if the fact that it's about a ninja-monkey isn't enough, the monkey pulls a jetpack and helmet out of his pants as if by magic).

It also held a certain "old-school" appeal which added to the overall quality (considering the style of the movie was consistent). The introduction of the characters couldn't have been done better. Excellent work.

Overall, this flash was funny, light, and worth watching twice.